Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Science of Shopping group 2

  • Paco is a genius in regards to the shoppers mind and how to read it.
  • There are observations that he makes to interpret the successes and failures of a retailer just by watching ways in which the store operates.
  • The interesting ideas in which he incorporates into his results are taken from things that we as consumers would never even realize.
  • It is amazing to know that the world is set up for right handers; we view mostly everything we observe from right to left.
  • Paco identifies shoppers to be dancers, characters; interesting analogies.
  • The average person who walks into a store does not even think on this level.
  • Paco brings awareness to the shopper and shopping experience that is quite interesting however controversial to the populations that it targets.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Elise, I think you did a great job describing, in detail, the store inside and out. I've gone by it many times but have never gone in. Now, I would know exactly which way to turn and where I could locate any product. I also liked the way you added in the quotes by Malcolm. I was so busy trying to get all the other information in my draft that I completely forgot about doing that. Good thing we have time to make changes before submitting the final version. Good job!

    ReplyDelete